Share | 

Chapter 20: The Choice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Blizzard
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Chapter 20: The Choice   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:32 am

Blizzard and Lizargeco sat on the doorsteps of the former Council of Grasp building in Wa-Kia. Blizzard with his hands behind his head, lost in his spiky red hair, leaning back casually and taking in the sun, while Liz sat upright, lost in thought, his red eyes narrowed and unfocused underneath his horned helm. Requiem was having another training session after gaining five new members, and Blizzard was taking a break, while Lizargeco was using what little free time he had away from his clan to enjoy the relative peace and quiet of the deserted streets of Wa-Kia. They sat like that for half-an-hour before Liz finally spoke.

“You know, I find Requiem to be an intriguing clan.” Blizzard looked up, surprised. Liz rarely, if ever, complimented another clan.

“Really? And why is that?”

“Requiem is a neutral clan, is that correct?”

“Yeah…”

“Because of that, your clan accepts absolutely anyone as a clan member, provided that they actually support the clan and show up in the clan base from time to time. This means that people of Good, Evil, and Chaos all congregate together into one big clan.”

“So…”

“So one would expect that your clan should have internal fights almost daily between people of different factions. However, I have yet to hear of any dispute among any of your clan members.”

“Now that you mention it, we really haven’t found anything to disagree about. Everyone in the clan has a job to do, and everyone in the clan feels at home. The leaders maintain order to ensure that things don’t get too rowdy, and other than that, we let everyone be. If someone feels down, we comfort them. If someone is in trouble, we help them. If an ally needs our aid, we give them all we’ve got and go from there.” Blizzard turned to glance at Liz, who continued to sit motionless, thinking.

“Ironically, my clan, which is all from the faction of Evil, never stops bickering among itself. We have fights all the time for the most random reasons. However, whenever we find a common enemy, we unite to defeat them. Even if that enemy used to be one of our own…” Liz became silent again.

“I don’t get it. If your people all are from the same faction, why do they go for each others’ throats?”

“I guess it’s our nature,” Liz sighed. “Don’t forget that wee are evil. No matter how friendly we appear, we have only one goal in our minds: to be the strongest, no matter the cost.” Blizzard glanced down to Lizargeco’s chest. Although it was covered by a black chestplate, Blizzard knew that underneath, there was a hole of dark nothingness where his heart should have been. “Blizzard.” Blizzard blinked. “Your clan, which does not take its strength from any faction, is weaker than other factions that unite under one banner. However, it is also strong for the very same reason, as your freedom and openness gives your clan a flexibility and adaptability that no other clan can match.” Blizzard nodded. “Are you sure about this?”

“About what?”

“About giving up that neutrality. About choosing a side, and staying with it to the end. What I am about to do for you is both highly dangerous and unpredictable. It is also permanent. One in four people that I have done this to have died. Another one in four people have had their bodies ruined. Are you ready to give up your neutrality for this?”

Blizzard nodded.

“Are you ready to go all the way? Remember, Angel failed in his goal because he was not dedicated to it. What is your goal?”

Blizzard thought for a moment. He could hear his heart beating, a deep murmur inside his chest. “My goal is to be the best there is. I am fully dedicated to Requiem, and to this. I have made my choice.”

Chapter 20: The Choice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Requiem Lore :: Origins-
Jump to: